COVID-19 News & Resources
CSU5 Campuses Responses to COVID-19
Click on of the campuses below to learn more.
- We can’t recover from a coronavirus recession without helping young workers by Martha Ross and Nicole Bateman
- COVID-19 Resources for Children’s Cabinets
- Coronavirus Response Invoicing Guidelines from the Children’s Services Council of Broward County to help keep providers afloat while adapting services to COVID-19.
- A community feeding app helping families in Broward find food distribution sites.
- 7 Ways CARES Act Financially Supports Nonprofits outlines help for tax-exempt businesses, especially around donations and operational revenue for nonprofits
- Non-Profit Guide to Accessing Capital through the 2020 CARES Act by the Kresge Foundation highlights loan opportunities to help nonprofits meet their urgent needs.
- Financial Relief: COVID-19 CARES Act Overview for Youth Service Providers has a recorded webinar and a brief by Youth Collaboratory to inform providers.
- Thinking about Pedagogy in an Unfolding Pandemic shares practical insights and inspiration for policy and practice from people on the educational front lines.
- The National League of Cities: Local Action Tracker showing policy actions from around the country and who they affect
- Coronavirus Relief Fund: $150 billion for states, tribes, and localities to meet costs connected to the virus. See estimated amounts for your state and large cities.
- Navigating New and Flexible Funding Streams for Kids during COVID-19 Rising demand. Falling revenues. How to meet the needs of children and youth? Join us Monday, May 4th, 1-2pm EST to learn about alternative ways to fund services during this crisis using the Children’s Funding Project’s new resource.
- OYC (Alliance for Children’s Rights)
- UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS FOR ANGELENOS
- A Decade Undone: Youth Disconnection in the Age of Coronavirus
- A Decade Undone: Youth Disconnection in the Age of Coronavirus FULL REPORT
- A Decade Undone: Youth Disconnection in the Age of Coronavirus INTERACTIVE TOOL
- Child Care: $3.5 billion for the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) and $750 million for Head Start. See estimated state allocations for CCDBG, including how funds can be used, from CLASP.
- SBA Loans: $10 billion in emergency grants, including non-profit small businesses. See child-care provider specific information on SBA loans from the Bipartisan Policy Center.
- Education: $30.75 billion Stabilization Fund to support local school systems and higher education institutions. Read more about education provisions here.
- Unemployment: $250 billion in temporary enhancements, including coverage for self-employed, gig workers, and independent contractors.
- Paid Leave: Changes employer tax credit to allow advance, rather than reimbursed, paid leave/sick days. Read more about federal paid leave tax credits.
- EWDD BSC (Emergency Microloan Program)
- Mayor’s Job Portal
- LAEDC New Analysis: Institute for Applied Economics’ Employment Impact of COVID-19: Southern California
- LA Covid-19 Community Connectory
- Disaster Relief Assistance for Immigrants
- COVID-19 Shutdowns Are Hitting Low-Income Workers Especially Hard
- Disastrous Job Loss Must Prompt Creative Measures to Protect Workers and Consumers
- NEJHE on 2020 College Grads and the Complex Job Market …
- Record-Breaking Coronavirus Job Losses Devastate the Least Educated — and Have Already Displaced Highest Degree Holders Worse Than the Great Recession
- The coronavirus is expanding the safety net
- Disaster Relief Assistance For Immigrants Flyer
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Flyer
- Protecting and mobilizing youth in COVID-19 responses | United Nations For Youth